Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a house fire Friday night that damaged a Winona Lake home.
According to Stacey Page Online, the blaze broke out at around 11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Park Ave. Two people were inside the home when the fire started, but both managed to escape without injury.
Authorities investing the fire say the cause was accidental and sparked by an old-style knob and tube wiring system in the floor cavity. The unit set the insulation of fire, and the flames quickly spread through the second floor of the house from there.
Volunteers from the Red Cross Disaster Action Team were on the scene of a fourth house fire in the past week in Kosciusko County.