Dog escapes minor house fire unharmed

South Bend firefighters had their hands full Wednesday morning, tending to two fires and a gas leak.

The second fire of the morning occurred in the 1200 block of E. Calvert St. in South Bend. Firefighters say a trash can inside the kitchen caught fire.

Fortunately, the flames did not spread far and damage was limited. A dog, inside the home when firefighters fought the fire, managed to run away and escape unharmed.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 204544881 - wndu.com/a?a=204544881
Gray Television, Inc.