UPDATE: Restaurant fire caused by human error

By: NewsCenter 16 staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 staff Email
More Video...

Courtesy of Karen Stearns

GRANGER A fire at a local restaurant started due to employee error.

It happened Thursday morning at the Copper Creek Cafe on State Road 23 in Granger. Flames were shooting from the roof when firefighters arrived.

Fire investigators say the fire started when someone put a cardboard box of cooking oil on top of a hot grill. An employee but out the flames with water and set the box outside the back door. The fire reignited, and wind blew the burning box into the building.

Fortunately no one was hurt. Employees were able to evacuate the restaurant quickly.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 256530491 - wndu.com/a?a=256530491