Heroic Dog's Bark Alerts Family to Fire

A small dog's bark could be credited for saving lives Wednesday morning.

According to firefighters, a fire broke at apartments above Harrison's Furniture Store around 2am Wednesday.

An electrical problem in a ceiling is believed to be the cause.

One apartment was destroyed.

The owners say if their small dog had not started barking, they would not have been able to wake everyone else up.

“We've been here 11 years and we hate to think your dreams are going. They had an electrical fire upstairs in an apartment. Fortunately a little dog woke the people up,” said Harrison Furniture owner Bob Harrison.

Three apartments and the furniture store sustained heavy smoke damage.

The Red Cross is helping the displaced tenants find a place to stay.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8099557 - wndu.com/a?a=8099557
Gray Television, Inc.