Gas Leak at AJ Wright Sends Two to Hospital


It was a scary Thursday morning at a South Bend business.

Around eleven o'clock, the fire department was called to AJ Wright Distribution on complaints of gas fumes.

Employees tell us two workers were taken to the hospital after they fainted.

NIPSCO says they checked the area for a natural gas or carbon monoxide leak, but found nothing.

They then went to the roof with firefighters and found a loose gas pipe fitting.

By that time, the gas had already been shut off.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6996647 - wndu.com/a?a=6996647