A 12-year-old Mishawaka boy dies from alcohol poisoning.
Allen Bratton was a 6th grader at Emmons Elementary School, who died suddenly last month.
His mother found him in his bed not breathing.
Allen's death was ruled accidental, but an autopsy shows his blood alcohol level was over .20.
Officials say it is never too early to start talking to your kids about the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
Emmons Elementary Principal, Jeff Sherrill says, “When they're very young, I think they're more impressionable. That's your real opportunity to make an impression on them, make that sustain itself later."
Allen's classmates and teachers say they are shocked by his death.
He also had Chronic Asthma, which may have played a role in his death.
Police are now investigating how he got a hold of the alcohol.