A gas leak forced the evacuation of several businesses Tuesday on the Southside of South Bend.
It happened around 11AM, outside Logan’s Roadhouse on Ireland Road.
Contractors were digging in the area, when they hit a gas line.
Firefighters evacuated businesses, cordoned off the area, and waited for the gas company to shut off the line.
Captain Stewart Russell of the South Bend Fire Department stated, “Everything went well. Everybody did the right thing. No problems. Like I say, hopefully the gas company can get this taken care of rather quickly and get these businesses back and get them going.”
Luckily, no one was hurt.
Fire officials say Tuesday’s wind conditions helped move the gas from the area.