Indiana Has Thirteen Confirmed Salmonella Cases

Thirteen Hoosiers have confirmed cases of salmonella poisoning after eating contaminated peanut butter.

That is according to the Indiana State Department of Health.

The sicknesses are associated with "Peter Pan" and Wal-Mart's "Great Value" spreads.

Officials warn consumers not to eat anything in the jars of those brands with the product code beginning in 2-1-1-1.

Symptoms of salmonella include vomiting, diarrhea, fever, cramps, and nausea, and may last as long as three days.

Friday night, we told you about four-year-old Chase Middleton of Niles who is recovering from salmonella poisoning, apparently from a jar of "Peter Pan" peanut butter.

No word if he is included in the state total.


WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5918486 - wndu.com/a?a=5918486