Goshen Family Devastated by Fire


Firefighters believe they now know what started a fire that killed a Goshen mother and her two children Thursday afternoon.

Fire officials say an unattended space heater may be to blame. They believe the mother fell asleep with her two children when the fire started.

Four older children were in school when the fire started.

The oldest was at Goshen Middle School and the other three were at West Goshen Elementary.

The children are now staying with members of a church in Bristol.

The mother, 34-year-old Kim Love, was involved with Goshen's Life Spring Community Church.

The church started a collection fund for the four surviving siblings.

“We're obviously concerned that the children have the best care possible and want to see them have a future that is bright and we want them to remember how wonderful their mother was and that there needs are met,” says Austin Birkey of Lifespring Church.

Firefighters say the rented house had four smoke detectors but all of the batteries needed to be replaced.

Meanwhile family members hope the children will be able to stay with them soon after a custody hearing in a few weeks.

If you would like to make a donation to collection you can contact Lifespring Church at
LCC@Lifespringcc.org


WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5904916 - wndu.com/a?a=5904916