A house fire in Mishawaka may have started in the home's basement.
Mishawaka firefighters responded to a house fire on Niles Avenue earlier Sunday.
So far, Fire Marshalls have not determined the cause of the fire, but believe it may have started in the home's basement. “We're thinking it happened through the fireplace. We're not exactly sure, we've got a fire marshall on the scene now, he's doing the investigating,” says Batallion Chief Mike Croy of the Mishawaka Fire Department. “In any fire, wherever it may start, it, the smoke spreads and does a lot of damage so that's what we're looking at.”
Firefighters say everyone in the home was able to get outside, and no injuries were reported.