South Bend Fire Department Wrap House Fire Investigation


The South Bend Fire Department wrapped up its investigation Wednesday into Sunday’s deadly house fire on Freemont Street.

They say the cause is an unattended stove in the kitchen.

19-year-old LaShonda Butler and 22-year-old Frank Flowers both died of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say the house is a total loss.


WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4906981 - wndu.com/a?a=4906981