Update: Suspect arrested in Mich. shooting spree

By: AssociatedPress Email
By: AssociatedPress Email

Authorities say a 43-year-old man has been arrested in connection with dozens of shootings across four Michigan counties that resulted in at least one injury.

A task force investigating the shootings says in a statement that the suspect was taken into custody Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.

The task force says the man is known to have driven a vehicle matching the description provided by one shooting victim. It says potential evidence also was seized at the suspect's home.

Additional information about the man wasn't immediately released, pending review by prosecutors.

The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177406191 - wndu.com/a?a=177406191
Gray Television, Inc.