Trip to America to learn English paves future for Goshen Soccer Captain
- On Saturday, the Goshen boys soccer team will play for a state championship for the first time in school history but it's the story of their senior team captain, Isaac Huerta, that's truly inspiring.
Man wanted in fatal Pa. trooper shooting captured after nearly 2-month search
- A survivalist accused of ambushing two state troopers, killing one and seriously wounding the other, was captured on Thursday by U.S. marshals in an abandoned airplane hangar, ending a seven-week manhunt that had rattled the nerves of area residents, authorities said.
Police search for 'armed, dangerous' double shooting suspect Brian Rankin
- Multiple gunshots were fired Wednesday evening in the South Bend Avenue Apartments area, just south of Eddy Street Commons. Emergency responders found two men wounded, with one in critical condition after being shot in the head.
$300 in candy stolen from Indiana police car
- Police in southern Indiana say someone smashed the windows of an unmarked police car and stole about $300 in Halloween candy.
Elkhart County Jail installs new remote video visitation system
- The system allows families and lawyers communicate with inmates remotely, and cost $20 dollars for 20 minutes of use.
South Bend PD to offer cash incentives to recruit more applicants
- An ordinance passed earlier this week that authorizes raises across the board for officers. It is also meant to make the department more attractive to new recruits.
Are batteries the next big thing for scrap-minded thieves?
- Some buoyant bandits are apparently responsible for a crime ‘wave’ that recently hit riverfront residents.