Martins Supermarket has officially cancelled a recall on hundreds of bags of shrimp it originally pulled from store shelves this weekend.
The products in question were 16-ounce bags of "Harvest of the Sea tail-on peeled and cleaned raw shrimp."
Martins ordered the recall after it learned a St. Joseph County man died from bacteria found in that shrimp.
However, a joint study by the FDA and the St. Joseph County Health Department has since determined the bacteria is naturally found in shellfish.
In fact, the health department says the shrimp only became deadly because the man had a pre-existing medical condition and didn't properly cook his food.
"Sea raw shrimp" products are back on store shelves at all Martins locations.