Neck massagers recalled after causing a death

The FDA is warning people about a home massage device that can be deadly.

The company that makes the "Shoulder Flex Massage" has recalled all of them after a doctor in Florida was killed while using it.

The 37-year-old woman laid down on her neck massager, and it got caught up in her necklace, and tightened quickly.

The massager is difficult to shut off, and it ultimately choked her to death.

Nearly 12,000 of the massagers have been sold since 2003, and the FDA says if you have one, get rid of it.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128832298 - wndu.com/a?a=128832298