Nearly one hundred thousand people in our community struggle to put food on the table. But you can help now by supporting "Harvest for the Hungry."
NewsCenter 16, the Food Bank of Northern Indiana and Wal-Mart are teaming up to fight hunger and we need your help.
Throughout October, simply drop off your donations at participating Wal-Mart stores.
Here are some of the things you can donate:
Give the gift of Money
- Canned meats: tuna, chicken, ham, etc.
- Peanut butter
- Pork & beans
- Canned soups and stews
- Fruit juice
- Beverages: coffee, tea, hot cocoa mix, Instant breakfasts, soft drinks
- Canned vegetables: green beans, corn, carrots, peas, mixed vegetables
- Canned beans: pinto, kidney, Lima, etc.
- Canned fruits: peaches, pears, mixed fruit (cocktail), pineapple, apricots, applesauce
- Rice and rice mixes
- Pasta and pasta mixes
- Powdered milk, evaporated milk, powdered creamer
- Pancake/waffle mix
- Baking mixes: biscuits, muffins, cakes
- Cooking oil
- Condiments: jams, jellies, spreads, ketchup, mustard, relish, bbq sauce, pickles, syrup
92% of every $1 contributed to the Food Bank goes toward our mission of feeding at-risk and food insecure residents of Northern Indiana.
A $1 donation buys enough food to serve 7 meals.
A $400 contribution makes it possible for the Food Bank to access and/or purchase 10,000 lbs of surplus food, enough food to prepare nearly 25,000 meals!
$1,600 will make it possible to access and/or purchase an entire truckload of food: that's 40,000 lbs of food; enough to prepare nearly 100,000 meals!
To donate money, simply click here to donate on line. Or you can contact the Food Bank of Northern Indiana at (574) 232-9986.
The Food Bank of Northern Indiana.