Now that it is obvious that I am expecting, I have been getting a lot of inquiries about the upcoming event. Here are some answers to those “Frequently Asked Questions”:
1. When are you due? The due date is January 21, but when the big event will actually happen, who knows?
2. Is it a boy or a girl? Boy, and yes, it is just one!
3. Do you have names picked out? Not even close, but when we do we have decided to keep it to ourselves. There has to be some element of surprise since we have already revealed the gender J
4. Will you be taking time off? Of course. As long as all goes well, I plan to work up until I deliver, and take the standard 8 weeks for maternity leave. Hopefully I won’t be blocking too much of the weather map with my oversized belly!
5. How are you feeling? For the most, great. I never had morning sickness, so that was a relief. I’m just dealing with the usual stuff: feet hurt, back hurts, can’t sleep, getting forgetful….where are my keys again?
6. Is this your first? Yes. And he is also the first grandchild on both sides, so you can imagine the excitement. We will surely find our lives turned upside-down as we learn to care for a new baby, but it will be worth it.