Warsaw man arrested for dealing drugs to officers
Posted: 8:33 AM
A Warsaw man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly selling prescription drugs and marijuana to undercover officers.
The Kosciusko County Drug Task Force Officers, Warsaw Police Department Narcotics Officers and Sheriff’s Department detectives arrested 35-year-old Chad Monroe Morgan.
Benton Harbor chooses new commissioner
Posted: 6:59 AM
- Benton Harbor now has a new city commissioner to fill a vacant at-large spot.
Gay couples' lawyers object to full-court hearing
Posted: 6:48 AM
- Attorneys for same-sex couples challenging Indiana's gay marriage ban are objecting to the state's request that all 10 members of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals hear the case.
Woman bites ex-boyfriend for not giving her enough gas money
- A woman reportedly bit her ex-boyfriend, for not giving her enough gas money.
Kentucky rape suspect arrested in Noble Co.
Posted: 6:38 AM
- A man wanted on multiple counts of rape out of Kentucky, made it as far as Noble County before he was arrested by Indiana State Police.
SB man sentenced for trying to hit people with truck
- Oliver Waldron, 45, was sentenced to 23 months to four years, and will pay $1,100 in fines.
Man injured Tuesday in 5th Elkhart Co. motorcycle crash in 9 days
- A motorcyclist was injured Tuesday afternoon when a van turned into his path in Goshen, according to police.
Lawmakers approve pair of new license plates
Updated: 6:48 AM
- A panel of state lawmakers approved new license plates recognizing the Indy 500 and Abraham Lincoln under a new system clamping down on the number of special license plates on the road.
Members of the Legislature's transportation study committee submitted their recommendations to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles Tuesday afternoon. Lawmakers approved a cap of 125 special group plates during their 2013 session and set a one-year moratorium on approving new plates while they studied the issue.
Special group plates have caused some consternation for state lawmakers and officials in the past. The American Civil Liberties Union fought the state in court off and on for four years trying to win special plates for the Indiana Youth Group, a support group for gay teenagers.